[alfa] 164 trailer hitch

I recently installed a Class 1 trailer hitch on my 91 164L with good results.
If you are contemplating a hitch, this may work for you.  I used a Reese hitch
# 02263. ' Bought it at Wal-Mart for about $40.  The key to the installation
is a bracket on the car that is probably intended as a tie down point for
export shipping.  With a little adjustment, this bracket can be used as the
mounting point.  I braced the hitch fore and aft:  Fore against a second
tie-down bracket and aft at the  spare tire well with a large wood mount to
spread the load.  I used the hitch to tow a U-Haul 5 x 9 trailer about 600
miles and it worked fine.

If anyone is interested, I will try to post pictures maybe on the Wiki.  I
tried to find the U-Haul hitch that Alfabill used a few years ago but it is
now available only as a special order.  You have to pay the hitch price of
$120 plus a $350 "build fee".

Don