[alfa] Experiences with rebuilt starters?

Cats,

Do people have good experiences with rebuilt starters? I
found a shop in Berkeley called Alternators Unlimited that
quote me about $120 to rebuild my 2L starter; solenoid
as well. It's a small shop but the shelves are lined with
hundreds of units in plastic bags. It appears they do a lot
of them.

Does anyone recommend staying away from rebuilt units?

And how hard is it to remove the starter. The last starter
I removed was from a Pontiac GTO and it was a pain - it
took two people and one exhaust manifold had to be
removed to access it.

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA