[alfa] oil separator

After following this thread, and watching the rain fall I figured why
not flush the oil separator on my 86 Graduate.  As I repeatedly rinsed
out the oil separator with WD-40 and Gas, I noticed pieces of what
appeared to be a rubber film coming out.  My assumption is that
this residue represented years of neglect since the separator is just a
metal device.  At one point I felt like I was playing a musical
instrument by block all of the openings and shaking the separator.  When
the solvent flowed clear I blew compressed air through it.  I let the
separator lay a while to air dry.  After re-assembling, I started the
Spider and brought it up to temperature.  That was Saturday.  On Sunday
there was a break in the weather so a road test followed (Italian
Tune-Up).  The Spider appears to be running fine. Hope this helps
someone.

AJ in NJ

86 Graduate