anyone know anything about the new smog test in CA?

hey folks,

I'm just starting to put my '79 alfetta GT engine
together. I haven't pulled the head of the old engine,
but it's my assumption that it dropped a valve seat
(probably the result of the less than high quality of
machine shop work performed by the previous owners
mechanic).

My dilemma is this: I have a beautifully machined 2.0L
head - very nicely ported with eurocams. If I install
it, along with all of the smog equiptment, will it be
possible to get the car past smog? I know they have
the new machines in place (they actually "drive" your
car on rollers for 15 minutes?) and that there are new
challenges for us Smogged Alfa owners - but from what
I've read, it seems that ported heads are actually
more efficient than the original spec heads. Does this
mean less CO? less particulate exhaust? fewer unburned
fuel vapors in the exaust?

On the other hand, maybe someone would be interested
in taking the car out of state if it does not pass...

any input appreciated.

best
Brian

'62 Normale