Garage Update

I finally bought my first roll-away tool chest this afternoon. I didn't want to spend a ton (no Snap-on or Matco, or whatever Griot's sells) but still wanted a good chest... something with ball bearing slides.

I checked Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, Northern Tool (catalog), and Enco (catalog) before making my decision. Surprisingly, Lowes had the best prices by far. Quality was similar to all but the best Sears had to offer. Price was 30-50% cheaper for similar items. I got the six drawer model, about 30-some inches high, $220.

The hard part was getting the damn thing home. I had hoped to just cram it in the back seat. I quickly realized that wasn't going to work. So I went back inside and bought an Allen wrench set and removed the passenger seat. Still couldn't fit it in. *sigh* (maybe I should have bought the smaller one.)

Fortunately, I brought my collection of tie-downs, ropes, and straps and this is how I got it home. It worked great...

http://denovich.org/gallery/Random/P8260466

This weekend my wife helped me paint the garage floor with Epoxy Shield paint. It's a two part paint system. I first cleaned the floor as well as I could with my power washer. 40 years of cars leaking oil on the floor is hard to reverse, but I got it mostly clean. I let it dry, and later that evening we painted. It went on easily, didn't smell at all, and was absolutely dry to the touch in less than 4 hours. I'm very happy with the result... it reflects a lot more light, and should be much easier to clean. My concrete was rough enough that I think it should stick pretty well. (You can see the chest in the center of this picture.)

http://denovich.org/gallery/Random/P8260467

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org