RE: 164LS Alternative

Haven't driven an S60 but I've got an S40 that I've put about 45
thousand or so on and is a decent commuter when I'm not driving the
spider.  It is pretty small inside and the back seats can hold my young
kids but I have to scoot the seats forward for any adults but the trunk
is very large for that size car.

As for stability it has been rock solid even at 100+.  The ride is
pretty tight and definitely not a floater.  My major beef is that it
seems to go through brake pads faster than any car I've owned although
I've heard from some that the OEM pads are crap, they certainly do put
out a LOT of black dust which is a pain to get off the wheels.  It's got
a 1.9L turbo in it and has some pretty decent punch.

Kevin
86 Spider
00 S40