Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:03:05 EDT
From: JohnLaF@domain.elided
Subject: Milano speedo error

Hello Digesters,
I have been having some work done on my Verde. One of the things done was a
clutch rebuild and, while they were at it, a rear end re-do. The shop rebuilt a
4:10 rear from a 2.5 ltr and had it ready when I took the Verde in. So now I
have to figure out the easiest way to get the speedo to work properly. If I
understand it, the sending unit (or transducer) is specific to the rear end. Why
won't the unit from the 2.5 just plug in to the Verde speedo and work?
Actually, I guess the "why" is nice to know, but the "how do I get around this?" is
more needed right now. I couldn't find anything on the Wiki or old 75 Resource
page. I am afraid my only option is to replace the guts of the actual speedo
itself with one from a 2.5. Is that so?
Any advice, opinions, thoughts, ponderings or rumors are appreciated. I
think.
TIA,
John L
Verde