RE: Driveshaft screws

Brent.  Just this week I rebuilt the driveshaft center support on my
wife's Spider.  When you install your new 9mm fasteners, heads forward,
coupling the u-joint to the pinion flange, note that a flat of the hex
bears against the driven shaft not allowing the screws to rotate.  You
are only supposed to turn the nuts.  This is true for the center flange
coupling as well.  I called my local source for exotic fasteners,
Inventory Sales (St. Louis, MO) to see if they might supply them but
without success.  Jon Norman @ Alfa-Parts, Berkley is your best bet.  He
(and Ruth Ann) more than once have responded to my requests with "We've
never had a call for that item before" but always managed to deliver.

Graham L. Davis

'91 164 L'89 Milano Verde'89 Spider Grad'85 Gtv 6 (he's still under our
roof)