RE: '67 calipers HELP

I just replaced the Dunlop calipers on my 66 Super with later 2 liter type ATE calipers, this is a very straightforward swap (would be the same on a 67 GTV) and can be done by simply replacing the entire upright assembley (spindle, hub, rotor, caliper) with that from a later car. The later spindles have a different geometry however, and you will need adjustable upper A arms to maintain correct camber.

The other option is to use aluminum Brembo calipers from a Milano, these will bolt right up to your stock spindles as they have the same bolt pattern, the problem however is that the Brembos are set up for vented rotors, so, you can either split the Brembos and take the spacer out, or you need to switch to vented rotors. This can be done by using your current rotors and cutting them down as 'hats' and then buying some vented rotors from someone like Porterfield, and attaching your old hats to the new rotors. You gain a weight advantage on the calipers this way, but lose it on the rotors.

My choice was #1 above as it seemed more straightforward and period correct. The stock 2 liter ATE brakes are very well designed, work extremely well and all parts are readily available.

Peter Kemos
66 Super
73 GTV
89 Milano 3.0