GTV6 Timing belt

Well the Florida Alfa Club's tech session at my place was a success, we
managed to get my new waterpump on, and the timing belt, even with running
into several problems including broken bolts on the thermostat housing, and
a few other niggling but time consuming tasks. I think everyone walked away
learning a thing or two from someone, probably how not to do things from me
:) I want to thank all the members from the FAC who helped, and all of you
on the list for all the sage advice and general info that enables our cars
to stay on the road.

I have a few questions, or if you will a poll. I got a few people saying I
really didn't need to remove the radiator and the hood. As the radiator
really is only attached by one bolt, and easily pulled, and the hood/bonnet
really is in the way, and once again easily removed, I was wondering was I
nuts to pull these off, or is it more sensible? Just wondering.

Any one have any shortcuts, or better ways to tackle this common job?

Graham
85 GTV6
Tampa Bay