Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vangelis Kokkevis <vkokkevis@domain.elided>
Subject: transmission vent leak ?

My newly rebuilt tranny leaves an oil (definitely
transmission lube) puddle every time I park the car
overnight.  As far as I can tell, the oil seeps from
somewhere either at the top or the rear of the tranny
and collects on the rear tranny mount from where it
drips onto the ground. The guy at the shop that did
the rebuild claims that the oil is coming from the
vents on the tranny housing so he tried to reduce the
oil level a bit but that didn't help.  Does his story
make any sense?  I suspect he doesn't want to get into
the trouble of fixing the leak properly.  I am
starting to lose my patience with the excuses they use
to avoid doing the work properly.

Thanks,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
73 gtv (newly rebuild engine + tranny, still not quite
right)
83 spider