Motor Mounts

Thanks to all who responded to my query as to why a motor mount
would "click" when the engine was rocked back and forth. The
answer is still a mystery. The mount was tightly bolted in, had no
cracks in the metal, deterioration in the rubber or other obvious
flaws. But something was wrong with it. Now replaced, the engine
doesn't rattle, nor does the exhaust. Things quieted down so much
that I islolated a couple of annoying noises, including a broken
slat in the grill I didn't know about. This digest is a great
resource.

Dave
74 GTV
(temporarily in Seattle)