Motor Mounts

Can anyone tell me whats inside a motor mount? I am away from home
on an extended trip and noticed a rattling noise in the engine bay
at certain rpms. So when I rocked the engine back and forth I got
a loud click like one of those toy metal "crickets" makes. Its
definately coming from inside the left fron motor mount. I thought
that a motor mount was just a block of rubber. I will be driving
the back roads of the Pacific Northwest for the next month and
will probably put on 2,000 miles before I get home. Is this
something I should fix right away?

Any reply will be welcome. Direct reply would be best.

Dave
74 GTV
In Seattle today, at the Gorge day after tomorrow, and in BC this
weekend