Leaking 1966 Duetto

In #718 Ron Abela comments and asks: "On my 1966 Duetto when I wash the
car or when it rains I have an accumulation of water that spills from my
windshield wipers grate through to my passenger circular air vent then
onto the front passenger floor!

"What can I do to fix this problem or this what is suppose to happen."

*********

Ron, do you by any chance park fairly frequently under pine trees or
small leafed trees?

Chances are your two drain tubes / hoses are unplugged and / or are also
plugged up with leafs and pine needles. The openings are under the front
(as in front of the windshield) vent, enter into the interior of the
car, then exit back into the rear of the wheel wells.

The passenger side hose is more accessible. Reach up and look for a wire
reinforced gray plastic hose. Gently pull down on it. If it's loose,
that's your problem. If you have access to compressed air, blow through
it and replace the twist on hose clamp with one you can tighten with a
screwdriver / small wrench. I'd also do the driver's side while you're
at it.

Note: if the hose is solid as a rock, use a heat gun / hair drier to
soften before pulling back to blow out 'stuff'. It will also make it
easier to push back on.

Just to make it more complicated, if you have a lot of leaves in the
hoses, chances are you have leaves in the lower portions of the 'drain'.
The only way to access it is to remove the forward screws of the vent,
the outer nuts, etc. on the windshield wipers, and the lower windshield
stainless molding. After cleaning you will not enjoy trying to align all
of the clips to the vent piece, while lifting it over the W/W stubs.

I'd say all in all, about a three point five beer project - depending on
the ambient temperature.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA