more on turning

Re 105/115 turning circles, Brian pointed out poor wording on my part.

I probably said it backwards; the steering lock stops are adjusted for most
steering travel, not least.  But I think my tires hit the caster arms before
the Pittman and idler hit the stops.

Another thing that comes into it is the location and firmness of attachment
of the engine and trans; the center steering drag link, which passes under
the 105/115 pan and just in front of the flywheel, can hit the clutch
cover/bellhousing before anything else on full lock, especially if the motor
mounts are old and wiggly or collapsed.  Also, I've seen an engine whose
motor mounts were so sagged that the pan rested on the drag link, which is
not a good thing.  Makes for hard steering too.

Andrew Watry