turning circle on Alfas

I've always thought 105/115 Alfas had relatively poor turning circles.  And
on some cars it's pretty different from one direction to the other.  My
Giulia Super sometimes cannot make a U-turn in a normal width street (turned
full left), but turns much sharper to the right.

There are a number of things than can affect the turning radius, but I think
some of it is just design.  The steering box and drop arm on my car are
centered, and the steering lock stops are about as far out as they will go.
The tires are 165, so it's not wide tires rubbing the fenders; on my car the
limitation seems to be the tire's inner sidewall rubbing the caster arm.
The car is aligned with I believe properly adjusted equal-length outer tie
rods.   Some of it may be old accident damage and resulting frame
misalignment, though I don't really see any in the steering box or idler arm
area.  My Berlina and GTV turn a good bit sharper.  Is another factor
limited travel in certain kinds of steering boxes (ZF in the Super; Burman
in the GTV and Berlina)?

Andrew Watry