Re: A suggested upgrade in my choice of cars...

thomasw@domain.elided wrote....
He needn't worry -- if your 164L can make the turn, a Cadillac or
Mercedes (or Freightliner, for that matter) should have no trouble.

I've never owned a car with as huge a turning circle as the 164.

On most of the streets around here (Northern California), there isn't
enough distance curbside-to-curbside to execute a U-turn in my 164
without reversing.  I have no idea how Italian 164 owners get by in
the narrow lanes of the centro storico.

---  My thoughts exactly, and it's clearly related to being a FWD car.  My
girlfriends '02 Maxima has a similar (overly large) turning circle.  On the
Maxima, there's actually a stop block to limit the angle of wheel turn
...unlike the 164, where when you hear the tire hitting the splash shield,
you know that you're out of turn angle.

Brad