Re: A suggested upgrade in my choice of cars...

Tom:

Is yours an automatic? The standards, 5 speeds, have a smaller radius.

For those narrow streets, try a handbrake turn <g>!

Best wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX
2 164's Automatic & 1 Spider Veloce Automatic (now there's a tight turning radius, and light feel w/the stock wide tires and heavy 15"wheels, makes the 164s feel like trucks (that's not a criticism just a fact)) bjb

Thomas Washburn wrote:

"Jay T Hinton" <jhinton@domain.elided> wrote:

We were trying to figure the turning radius of the new driveway, and
he suggested I go to a larger radius, as afterall, I might want to
upgrade to a Cadillac or Mercerdes.....

So I immediately led him into the garage and showed him my 91 164L, which is still in quite presentable appearance, and told him I had no
intention of downgrading to either of the above mentioned cars.....

He needn't worry -- if your 164L can make the turn, a Cadillac or
Mercedes (or Freightliner, for that matter) should have no trouble.

I've never owned a car with as huge a turning circle as the 164.

On most of the streets around here (Northern California), there isn't enough distance curbside-to-curbside to execute a U-turn in my 164 without reversing. I have no idea how Italian 164 owners get by in the narrow lanes of the centro storico.

Regards
-Tom
thomasw@domain.elided