RE: A suggested upgrade in my choice of cars...

> Last night,  I met with a excavator/contractor,  to discuss
establishing
> a circular driveway on my lot where we are finishing our house.  He is
> pleasant, older gentleman whom I like and I believe he will do a very
> good job for us.  However,  he said something that took me aback.
>
> We were trying to figure the turning radius of the new driveway,  and
> he suggested I go to a larger radius,  as afterall,  I might want to
> upgrade to a Cadillac or Mercerdes.....
>
> So I immediately led him into the garage and showed him my 91 164L,
> which is still in quite presentable appearance,  and told him I had no
> intention of downgrading to either of the above mentioned cars.....
>
> While he had never heard of Alfa or seen a 164,  he did agree it was a
> quite nice car...
>
> Fiat/Alfa Romeo has a long way to go to establishing the Alfa brand in
> this country.
>
> Choose your own driveway widths accordingly...

Jay,

It's nice to stick to your principles, however you may want to heed his
advice.  A tight driveway may not be the best thing for resale value
later on, you might rule out potential buyers by having something too
narrow for the unwashed masses.

Something to think about...

bs