RE: daily drivers' reliability

> In #709 Andrew Watry mistakenly makes the following points:
>
> "Re Tom and Biba's exchange about daily drivers, I'm with Tom:"
>
> (First mistake)
<snip>

I find this entire discussion amusing.

Biba, isn't an Alfetta Coupe your only car?  Aside from an electronic
ignition (which tends to cause you some grief), it would seem to be
fairly reliable, no?

So basically, when you argue that older Alfas don't make sense as daily
drivers, what are you saying about your own personal choices?

Hmmm...

Take any early Alfa, get rid of the points, add a couple of relays to
address electrical weaknesses in the lighting and starting circuits, and
I don't see why you wouldn't be rewarded with years of economical and
fun daily driving.  Aside from that, Webers or Spica tends to need a
little more frequent tuning than a modern electronic engine control
system, but the rest of the car is a rock solid platform.

Imo, an older Alfa, with a couple of intelligent modifications, properly
maintained, would be more reliable to drive on a daily basis now than
when it was new.

My .02,

bs