Maserati Q-porte questions...

Hey gang -

Now that several former Maser owners have sounded off, I have a few questions.  I posted this to the Italian Car Digest, but it seems to be awfully quiet lately.

Anyway, I've been thinking that I really ought to own a Maserati at some point.  I find myself drawn to the early to mid 80's Quattroporte.  So, any advice?  Any particular parts made of a even rarer version of unobtanium?  Reliability of the V8?  Any trouble areas to watch out for?

This would probably be a birthday gift to myself next year, so I've got plenty of time to find a decent car, or talk myself out of it if need be...

- Paul Witek