Re: GTV-6 alignment

Joe,
I would expect that it is the toe out that causes the floaty (wandering?) feeling, especially with that much.

Steve

At 08:48 PM 8/12/2003 -0400, you wrote:

I had my GTV-6 aligned today. I used some specs I got from the digest, I believe: -1.5 deg. camber, 1/8" toe out, 3 deg. caster. I'm not too pleased with the results. The camber looks extreme, the toe is over 30 times the maximum in the shop's computer, and floaty steering makes me think the caster should have been a lot higher. I have to take it back anyway because they failed to center the wheel, and tried to set the caster by shimming the lower A-arm. Does anyone else have any specs they can recommend? I'm especially curious about the toe you all run.

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6