Duetto dash and fixing sticky gauges

Andrew, since your two main instruments (speedo and tach) are attached
to the upper padded dash portion, not sure what you'd be gaining by
trying to take 'just the top off'. It would be a bitch to do anyway.

Sticky gauges: I'm convinced Alfa water temperature gauge suppliers
carefully designed them to stick, right from the get go. Put on your
heavy dark brown sheepskin lined jacket, lean over, and just tap. I'm
guessing if the oil pressure and fuel gauge needles are sticking, you
have an electrical problem. Start at one end (fuel sender on the gas
tank in the case of the fuel gauge) and work forward - or vice versa.

Another 'who ever designed those Jaeger chrome rings to be permanently
attached' should, minimally, have his left one forcibly removed.

There are apparently three special tools in the world (at times I've
been know to exaggerate slightly when I don't really have a clue as to
the correct number) which will remove the swaged on rings. Otherwise it
is a small screwdriver and ever so slowly work your way around the
backside ring and firmly pry / bend a little bit at a time. There are no
short cuts. Should you have them then chromed, much of the chrome will
chip off when installing / unbending.

But then again, once open, then what? Gonna spray WD-40 inside? Not my
choice.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA