Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:10:43 -0400
From: "Andrew Schwartz" <andrew_s_swartz@domain.elided>
Subject: Duetto dash and fixing sticky gauges

Hi,

Two (inter-related) questions:

1. Is it possible to lift off just the top of a Duetto's dash to get easier
access to the gauges (for replacing bulbs, etc).  What has to be loostened
in order to do so?

2. Most of my gauges (oil pressure, temperature in particular) are 'sticky'.
  That is they get stuck in one position - and then to get the correct
reading I need to tap the glass.  (Feels a little like one of those WWII
movies with the pilots tapping the fuel gauges).  There doesn't seem to be
any easy way to open them up - the chrome ring over the top seems to have
been crimped on.  Is there another way to loosten them up - or do I just
learn to live with it?

Thanks,
Andrew
1967 Alfa Duetto