Duetto dash and fixing sticky gauges

Hi,

Two (inter-related) questions:

1. Is it possible to lift off just the top of a Duetto's dash to get easier access to the gauges (for replacing bulbs, etc). What has to be loostened in order to do so?

2. Most of my gauges (oil pressure, temperature in particular) are 'sticky'. That is they get stuck in one position - and then to get the correct reading I need to tap the glass. (Feels a little like one of those WWII movies with the pilots tapping the fuel gauges). There doesn't seem to be any easy way to open them up - the chrome ring over the top seems to have been crimped on. Is there another way to loosten them up - or do I just learn to live with it?

Thanks,
Andrew
1967 Alfa Duetto
Brookline, MA