Re:More (and more) Boneschi 4R BS

>  Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 18:31:13 -0400 From: RonHorowitz
>  <RonHorowitz@domain.elided> Subject: More Boneschi 4R BS
>
>  Mr. H, et al.,
>
>  if the usually accepted story is at all correct in its
>  broad outlines,
>
>  The historians challenge, as you know, is that so often,
>  they aren't. Falsehoods repeated often enough have a nasty
>  habit of becoming "facts." In this particular instance,
>  I've formed no opinion either way. Maybe it's true, maybe
>  it's false, or maybe the story is, inconveniently, neither
>  true nor false, but a matter of perspective on a larger
>  picture not generally comprehended. Who was the first
>  President of the United States? How long was the Hundred
>  Years' War? Regardless of "The Truth", no one cares to know
>  the full answer. In this instance, I really can't say, but
>  I'll pass your response along to my friend and we'll see if
>  he can shed a little light.
<snip>

Wow.

All I can ( or can't ) add is:

"I mean by intellectual integrity the habit of deciding vexed
questions in accordance with the evidence, or of leaving them
undecided where the evidence is inconclusive."

	- Bertrand Russell, Why I am not a Christian, 1957

Perhaps I can add: "Unless there is some money or ego or both in
there somewhere..."

hehe.
--

jeff clark