Daily Drivers

I used my '59 Giulietta Spider as a daily driver for several years until the
family reached four folks, including a couple of round trips from San Diego to
St.Paul.  My '64 Spider Veloce was used as a daily driver from '71 to '80 -
daily 50 mile commutes/car pooling, business trips from Del Mar to Ventura and
1500 mile camping trips.   Never ever let me down.  Both the Spider Veloce and
a '69 1750 Spider Veloce (looks like a Duetto) have been used and abused by
all our kids - they just kept coming home (drat).

Older Alfas, if properly maintained, are reliable daily drivers.  I have more
trouble with my newest Alfa, an '83 GTB6, with electronic ignition and
electronic fuel injection.  Bought a cell phone as a last resort.

Cheers,

Dave Mericle the Elder
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES