Resetting Fiat Compact Spare Parts CD-ROM

The following relates to the "Fiat Compact" Alfa/Lancia, etc. spare parts catalog on CD-ROM. My version is Ricambi 95, 26 ed. (09-1999). While the language can be freely changed, I discovered that once you set the market and drive (R or L), they are stuck.

However, the disk can be reset as follows: find c:\windows\win.ini. Open in notepad and save a backup under a different name, for example awin.ini. Reopen win.ini in notepad and delete the following block:

[Ric95]
ShowReadme=1
LastReadmeBinEd=4.500000
lingua=3
mercato=7
guida=GS
filtro=1
marca=3
drive=e:
edition=26

Next time you run the disk, the values will be reset.

Sonny
MaAxid@domain.elidedm (remove ABC)
'91 164S
Baltimore