that durned hydraulic tensioner

I think I've decided to go ahead and revert to the hydraulic tensioner on my '82 GTV-6. That is if I get the tensioner rebuilt by this weekend...

I've got a Milano shop manual, and the relevant pages copied out of an Alfa Sei shop manual,they both show parts of the tensioner that the other doesn't. What's the deal? Can anyone tell me where everything in a tensioner kit goes? Especially what exactly goes on the shaft? The Milano manual's description gives circlip, washer, "rubber," boot, which seems to make sense, but the Alfa 6 manual refers to stuff under the boot, and my rebuild kit from EB Spares includes 3 circlips, two of which are smaller than the other. That kit also includes one o-ring which is tan in color rather than black. I assume that there must be some kind of o-ring on the back of the tensioner body to make the oil return not leak, but I don't think either manual refers to that. Is there any kind of internet reference that actually explains this thing? I took it apart a couple years ago so "assembly is reverse of disassembly" ain't going to cut it in this case.

Thanks in advance,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6