RE: oil pressure, uneven running..

Greg -

The light and gauge and two completely separate circuits. You should never
see the low oil pressure warning lamp come on while the engine is running
unless a) the sump is empty, b) the switch or wiring is faulty, c) there is
a major internal engine failure.

To be sure, you need to install a mechanical calibrated oil pressure gauge
to verify the accuracy of the gauge in the car. The sending units for the
oil pressure gauge are notorious for failing.

Not to alarm you, but it sounds like you may have dropped one or two of the
aluminum oil galley plugs in the crankshaft. Again, a check with a
mechanical gauge will verify this.

The offending plug (or plugs) can be replaced with the engine in the car.
You will need to remove the sump (upper section). You can then (with some
difficulty) tap a new plug into place. Clean the area as well as possible
(solvent such as brake cleaner, and compressed air) and then use some red
loctite on the new plug prior to driving it in and staking it in place.

My recollection is that the worst one to replace with the engine in the car
is the rear most one, but it can be done as I've managed to do it.

LMK if you have any questions ...

Jeff