Re: alfa-digest V9 #688

Hi All,

My 74 GTV is in various stages of repair. One of them involved removing the front windshield for a future paint job. The windshield was held in place by a large amount of glue. Seems like there is a 1/2 gap between the windshield frame and glass without the glue. Is this normal? I've read on the digest that the early GTVs had different front windshields and the windshields were secured with a gasket, instead of glue.

Since I know my GTV was apart once before. I'm wondering if the PO had an early front windshield installed? Would anyone have the dimensions between a Gasket type windshield versus a Glue Type? Length & Height would be great?

Thanks,
Ralph DeLauretis