SS100 replica [NAC]

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:59:33 +0000
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided (alfa-digest) wrote:

>  I still insist, however that SOMEBODY in England  made an SS-100
>  replica during the early '60's using a more modern XK drivetrain. I
>  know I've seen one and read about it. Problem is, it was a long time
>  ago and I don't remember the details.

OK I'll bite ;-)

It was the Panther Westwinds company which made these replicas, called the
"J72". They were 3.8 litre - 5.3 litres in size (engines made _for_ them by
Jaguar themselves, and mirroring the current Jaguar range - 3.8, 4.2 straight
sixes, and the 5.3 V12). I _think_ but am not at all certain that they were
produced from 1972 onwards (hence the "72" in "J72"). Looking at my database, I
see that they were in fact introduced in 1972.

HTH

Ciao

Zak