As to tires. Can't help you with snow tires. Heck, I don't even drive my GTV-6 in the RAIN if I can help it! There are many good tires available these days, but I can tell you this; a GTV-6 and Pirelli P6000s are a match made in heaven(or some-such place).

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Sunday, Aug 3, 2003, at 10:29 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 02:08:31 -0400
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: GTV-6 tires

I think the time has come where I can finally justify spending the
money to get decent tires for my poor GTV-6.  Unfortunately, I know
very little about tires, so I thought I'd as the collective wisdom of
the digest what tires I should get for a GTV-6 with stock wheels that
gets driven in the snow in the winter and autocrossed in the summer.
I'd also like to ask where to buy them.  I've got two weeks to buy
them and get them mounted before I go back to school.  I imagine I'd
order from a place like tirerack.com, but I'm wondering how long it
usually takes to get them delivered.

As for the tires themselves, I always figured that I'd get 205's, but
the sizes that I've seen suggest make me think they'd throw off the
speedometer a little bit, and I'm awfully proud that my GTV-6 speedo
is damn near 100% accurate throughout its range.  I've also read some
articles that made me think Vredestein tires would provide a pretty
kick-ass value for my money, but the ones I was interested in weren't
available in a 205mm, 15" size that would fit the GTV-6.  What should
I do?  What exactly is the performance benefit of wider tires.  If
the friction were Newtonian, there shouldn't be any difference.  I
suppose I should also ask if the GTV-6 will become incontrollable in
the snow with 205mm tires rather than stock 195's.

TIA,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6