1990 Spider clutch problems at high rpm

Last month my clutch pedal would become very difficult to press if I shifted
more than once every 30 seconds.  The more I shifted in the 30 second
interval the hard the clutch pedal would be to press.  In other words, each
shift would require more effort than the previous shift.  However, if I
shifted after 30 seconds from the previous shift, the pedal would usually be
normal in the amount of pressure required.  With a questionable clutch at
best and 33K miles on the car, I had the entire clutch replaced.  I now have
the same problem, but it only seems to occur when I shift at 4000 rpm or
higher.  In addition, the higher I rev the engine, the harder the clutch
pedal is to push in.  What is my problem?  I would think it is a hydraulic
issue, but I may be wrong.  The car is a 1990 Spider Graduate with 33K
miles.

Thanks.
Ken