RE: 40W oil (more, long)

Tess,

Audi's are stange beasts. I have an old 87 5000TQ. I use Mobil1 15-W50 and
I can tell if it is as little as 1/8 of a quart low, thats right the tappets
tell me. I thought there was a problem with my car until someone on the
quattro digest informed me that the was normal, they all do that. Go figure.

John Katos