Re: What 164s have become

Ah, but this doesn't take into account old vs. classic. The Porsche 928 ($3k), early Land Rover Discovery ($10,000), and Audi 4000 quattro ($1500) were all expensive cars when new that can now be had for pennies on the original dollar. But at some point they will all bottom out (like the Nova) and start to come up in value again. I'm already seeing this in my former BMW 2002, which at the peak of my ownership (before I wrecked it) could have sold for $10,000. Even now, less than two years later, I couldn't get one in similar condition for less than $15k. So the moral of the story? Buy a car to enjoy the car, and if you find you can sell it for more later, then yay for you.
Don't even get me started on the $100,000 BMW Dinan 7 that we sold for $8k.

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (Clutchless, brakesless, mostly suspensionless at the moment, but I made it to my first show two weeks ago!)