Re: Milano Crankshaft Removal

In a message dated 7/27/03 7:41:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<snip>
>  It seems to me that the
>  removal of the pulley needed to have been done with the flywheel on and
>  locked in place. Does anybody have any advice on what to do about this?

I haven't worked on Alfa 6s, but maybe this will work for you -

If you have the oil pan off, you could block the crank against the block with
a 2x4 or similar piece of wood (mahogany? teak? walnut?) and then remove the
crank pulley nut with a stout breaker bar. Maybe have someone trustworthy
hold/stabilize the stand while this is happening, too. (Thanks to Biba for
reminding me of this trick.)

Tom
Seattle
6310123