Duetto Generator

Hello Everyone...

I am kinda new to Alfa and I own a 1966 Duetto.
I have just had the car rebuilt from scratch over a 1.5 year period.

I am unsure of the current charging sytem and the manual I have has limited
information on it! At least on the generator operation area of the car.

Can you advise me if this is normal?
Currently as the RPM increases the generator light begins to illuminate and
continues to illuminate brighter with increasing RPM, at idle the light is
off....
For it to be off at idle leads me to believe that it should illuminate as
the RPM's increase. That is kind of backwards I guess?

Anyway is it suppose to do this? If not, can you advise me where I should
begin to look? nTo cure this illumination issue?
I have just put in a fresh battery as the old one was not holding a charge
and I thought this would cure the problem, it did not...(if it is a problem
that is)

Thanks in Advance

Ron