Spider headlight rim repair

Regarding Spider outer headlight rims, Henrik Hasager comments: "Hmm,
just makes me wonder how that chrome can stay on for 30 odd years and
still be lookin' good??"

**********

Possibly, just possibly 'lookin' good' is a relative term. I have about
four sets of Spider headlight rims and they go from very pitted and
cracked / broken at the bottom, to fair and cracked or broken at the
bottom.

Perhaps it's the fresh air in Frederikssund that preserves yours.

Please understand, the clients of the two Spiders expect as good as new
headlight rims (to go along with the rest of the refurbished shiny bits
and new paint). Since the thin retaining strip at the top of the rim
virtually disappears during the chroming process, not to mention having
to deal with the cracks at the bottom, its much easier and in the long
run, less expensive, to just buy brand new ones.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA