Alfetta oil pan nuts

Cats,

I was poking around under my Alfetta and find an empty
hole on the bottom of the oil pan rim directly dead center
under the oil filter. The opposite side of the engine has
an empty hole too.

Is there supposed to be a nut on this spot? Since it's a
hole, is there supposed to be a bolt through there?

I looked on my GTV and since the oil pans are different,
I can't observe this spot. Maybe it's secured through the
inside by removing the lower oil pan on GTVs?

Should I be looking for a proper fastener for this hole?

Thanks,
Stefano.