Re: alfa-digest V9 #663

In a message dated 7/24/2003 9:38:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:36:38 EDT
> From: Wiskas42@domain.elided
> Subject: Spider headlight rim repair
>
> Can the headlight rim be repaired on my 91 Spider? The chrome rim is is
> great
> shape except where the hold down screw goes through on the bottom the rim is
>
> split! Has anyone repaired this with any success?
> Tony

       I wrapped the one on my race car with duct tape and put the screw
through the tape.  The silver of the tape is a perfect match for the chrome <grin>
so you never notice it.  Did I mention this is on a race car?  The fenders
are also not as straight as they once were.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City