Re: US regs

Still, this poster is correct. Most of the safety regs are aimed at protectionism. Especially the draconian ones affecting private importation of cars.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0S

On Thursday, Jul 24, 2003, at 07:32 US/Pacific, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:12:30 -0400
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: re: US regs

At 3:22 AM +0000 7/24/03, alfa-digest wrote:
The big Three (actually the big two and a half) seem to have Washington
wrapped around their little finger(s).
I don't know if I'd say that.  Look at the disparity between
emissions-oriented US regs and fuel economy-oriented ones.  A lot of
the former for decades, very little of the latter, very recently.
I'd say it's mostly the oil industry running the show in Washington
these days.

- -Joe