Re: Best Coolant Mix

The Redline Water-wetter web site has a long write up on heat transfer
capacity at diferent concentrations of antifreeze to water. In a nutshell,
if I recall, if one were to rank the best heat transfer....the best is
water/waterwetter only, then just water, then adding antifreeze
incrementally lowers the heat transfer capacity. There was a balance point
where some antifreeze with some waterwetter would bring it back to "just
plain water".
I thnk it was ~ 20% antifreeze with whatever % WW.

That is what I use in my other car a Turbo Peugeot,(OHHH NOOO):) with good
results (at or below nom, fans rarely come on)  here in south Florida.
In any case,  water should always be Distilled Water.

My friend, original owner of a 67 Super, always used just distilled water
(no need for antifreeze in Miami he would say) and I took it with a grain of
salt but when we took the water pump out at about 100k miles the back side
was like new and so was the front cover, none of the usual deposits and
corrosion.

George Nunez
Miami
66 Giulia TI