Re: best coolant mixture

Dean
I'm no coolant engineer, nor I want to play one in the Digest.  However,
although biased, the engineers at RedLine probably know a thing or two about
engine temperatures, etc.
You should read their info on the Water Wetter at
www.redlineoil.com/products.htm
They claim that water has the best heat transfer properties, against 50/50
or pure glycol, however, it does not protect against corrosion.
According to Redline, deionized or distilled water treated with a small
bottle of Water Wetter will reduce engine temperatures much more than 50/50
or pure glycol, adding the corrosion protection as well.
However, they recommend at least 15-20 % of antifreeze for any car used on
the street, and of course under freezing temps as well.  They claim that
even the a/c can blow freezing air to the system not treated with antifreeze
and cause damage.
Read the whole thing, it's worth it.
Jorge Mazlumian
Milano Verde street car w/ 50/50