best coolant mixture

Hi Group:

So, exactly what is the best mixture of coolant and water that will optimize heat transfer while still offering corrosion protection? That's assuming one is in a non-freezing climate. I just received a reply from a "Lubrication Engineer" at ChevronTexaco North America LubeTek, and have pasted it below:

The higher the water % the better the heat transfer. Your car recommends
50/50 coolant to antifreeze. 55% water 45% coolant would be a safe ratio
and give you the maximum heat transfer.

I'm guessing that 55/45 water/coolant wouldn't be the "best" for heat transfer, would it? I wasn't able to contact anyone that is specifically in the Dex-Cool division, but I'd like to know if perhaps 75/25 water/coolant would offer enough corrosion protection. The factory shop manual for my '87 Spider even recommends pure water for Summer usage, which I don't think I'd be comfortable with. Any real coolant engineers out there? Should I just buy that '73 911 Carrera I've always wanted?

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's