Tonights Top Gear-Clarkson Alfa "Wisdom"

Jeremy Clarkson had a popular UK actor/ comedian as his guest tonight (Alan
Davies) who revealed that his own car was an Alfa 147. Clarkson perked up as
he has a soft spot for Alfas even though he blew an Arna up with explosives a
few years ago. He let forth the opinion that all genuine 'petrolheads' had
owned an Alfa Romeo at some stage of their lives. Clarkson has owned an
eighties 2.5Litre GTV in the distant past, and although he says it was one of
the worst cars he had ever had in quality terms, he also regarded it as one of
the most beautiful and had a soft spot for it.

I still think he is a complete oaf however. Top Gear were in all sorts of
trouble recently for wrecking the transmission of a priceles borrowed C-Type
Jaguar by doing  do-nuts in it. Clarkson is not a bit apologetic for this
mindless vandalism.

Tim Hancock Boston UK

P.S. No it was not me running the wrong way down Hangar Straight during the GP
at Silverstone in a Kilt with a banner saying "Read the Bible". Damn good race
though. Had me guessing who might win for ages..until the chequered flag in
fact ! Do you think the mad Scots (or Scots impersonator) should be employed
to run the wrong way at all Grand Prix. It certainly added a certain something
this time!