1991 starting problem

I took my 1991 spider auto out this morning.  It started right up.  Drove
about 4 miles and turned it off to look at some cars in a car lot.  Tried to
re start and nothing no starter at all. Because of weekend breakdowns tow
couldn't come for about 4 hours.  I would try to start every hour but
nothing.  Left car to sit and gave it one last shot and it started right up
as if nothing was ever wrong.  I drove home and tried to re start and back
to nothing.  Any ideas?