From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
RonHorowitz
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 2:49 AM
To: INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Subject: TZ or TZ2 Replica/look alike

Subject: TZ or TZ2 Replica/look alike

>TZ or TZ2
>Replica/look alike availability.

I don't know of any, but for the trouble it will take you to make a fake,
IMHO, you'd be better off just selling your house and buying a real one.

>how about creating one?
>How about some sort of "open source" ish
>system where plans and information could be distributed.

I think you're nuts, but best of luck. The way these things go is that a
bunch of people daydream out loud for a few months until ignoring reality
looses it's appeal. I doubt anyone is ever going to do much of anything
other than daydream, and to be frank, heaven help you if you _do_ do
anything more than daydream.

Just my .02.

>Working as a group such a project
>should be possible.

Absolutely. People do it all the time. All you have to do is hire skilled,
talented engineers, technicians, managers, secretaries, etc., rent out and
improve a buildings, set goals, time lines, budgets, buy raw materials,
equipment, and so forth, and before you know it, you're more or less where
you wanted to be. I'd guess a ten or twenty thousand square foot space, a
half dozen employees, two years, and a million dollars or so ought to
suffice.

>Any thought?

I think you're out of your mind. I think you should price the currently
available TZ replica parts like wheels and gearsets and realize that these
parts are cheap compared to what it's going to cost to make the chassis,
bell housings, differential cases, bodywork, glass, etc.

My advice is to give up on this absurd idea and simply put your effort into
making enough money to buy a real car. Or, failing that, just give up on
this insanity and enjoy the kind of cars you _can_ afford.

IMHO, you'll live a much happier and fulfilling life if you'll take my
advice.