RE: Subject: TZ or TZ2 Replica/look alike

> >Any thought?
>
> I think you're out of your mind. I think you should price the
currently
> available TZ replica parts like wheels and gearsets and realize that
these
> parts are cheap compared to what it's going to cost to make the
chassis,
> bell housings, differential cases, bodywork, glass, etc.
>
> My advice is to give up on this absurd idea and simply put your effort
into
> making enough money to buy a real car. Or, failing that, just give up
on
> this insanity and enjoy the kind of cars you _can_ afford.

I agree with Ron, with one exception.

Write a check to Don Ereminas, and buy one of his TZ1 replicas.  He used
a real one to make the actual body molds, and the tube frame is pretty
accurate, as far as I can tell (he used factory prints and measurements
off a real car).

He's also done all the engineering required so that his replica will
work with the live axle from a 105/115 car.

The cost of his kit will be less than it would cost you to reproduce
something even remotely close.  It was around $25k last I checked, which
was at least 10 years ago, even at $30k or more it would seem to be a
bargain.  Then all you need is a 105/115 donor car, and you're all set.

bs