Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:15:01 -0400
From: "Jeff Greenfield" <alfaguy@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: Engine startup and break in (long)

So, how does one break in new cams without idling the engine
excessivlely so that the rings/sleeves don't get glazed and the rings
seat properly?

Experience proves that idling a fresh engine is not a good thing, or is
the 'fast idle' considered ok?

Generally, most ring manufacturers don't recommend idling the engine.

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Thanks,

Jeff